• Sawn timber with sharp arrises; in case of pieces longer than 3 m, wane less than 10% of the face width is permitted across no more than 25% of the length.
• Sound sapwood permitted on two arrises if the total width is less than 15% of the face width.
• Fully or partly intergrown sound knots are permitted if the diameter is less than one third of the face width.
• Dead knots, permitted where equivalent to two dead knots with a diameter less than 15 mm per linear metre.
• Boxed heart permitted, as well as slight traces of heartwood on two faces. Slope of the grain less than 7%, not exceeding 12% locally.
Excluded: unsound knots, end shake, frost crack, ring shake, star shake, curly grain, bark pocket, unsound sapwood, brown pith, brown streak, rot, holes.